Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Happy New Year

Okay, it's not Jan. 1... but doesn't the first day of school seem like more of a new "beginning" than some old date in the middle of winter? This day has provided big change for me every year the last few years: Three years ago, the first time I sent my oldest child to preschool - two years ago, the first time my oldest went to school every day of the week and rode the bus (Kindergarten) - last year it was the first year my oldest went to school ALL day, and the first time I sent my youngest to preschool.

And another first this year, my youngest in Kindergarten, going every day and this time SHE gets to ride the bus. I have to say, emotionally, I did the best this year. Maybe I'm getting used to the changes, the fact that my kids are growing up and moving on. Maybe I'm excited about my new freedom (even though it's only 3 hours a day at this point). Either way, today I was a little nervous, but mostly proud.

The first day of school is one of my FAVORITE days to take pictures! It captures so much emotion, as well as just documents the day - how big they look, what backpack they have and how just how cute they are! You can see the trepidation in my youngest daughter's eyes and body language. She was very nervous about going to school, until she walked into her classroom and saw her teacher (who she knew because my oldest had her in Kindergarten, too). She gave her a big hug and was instantly fine and ready for us to leave. My husband and I stayed for a few minutes, anyway... purely for our need, not hers. Making that break is a little harder for us.



Daddy taking his baby to Kindergarten...



My oldest couldn't WAIT to get back to school, and better yet... her desk is by one of her best buddies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home