Sunday, July 01, 2007

Has Summer Started Yet?

The week after school gets out is no vacation for our family - it's recital week and my busiest week of the year... sort of like an accountant around April 15. This year was no different, I worked many hours for 7-days straight, but the end-result was totally worth it. The recital was fun, my classes danced great and my own kids were beautiful. Our videographer's husband takes pictures during the performance... I can't wait to see those and print out a few. In the meantime, here are a few pictures shot before and after the show... (My oldest had three costumes - two ballet and one jazz - and these pictures show her two ballet costumes)



So, this week was our first week "off", but I spent so much time putting back together the house that I neglected during recital week - as well as some general errand running, chores and projects that I missed out on - that our week was super busy. One highlight, though, was my youngest daughter donating her hair to Locks of Love. She had 10" cut and looks like such a big girl, now.
Before:

During:

After:


Another fun event this week was a "bedtime story reading" that we purchased at the school auction for the girls, given by the kindergarten teacher they both had. She came to our house in pajamas, read a story, gave them little doggie toys to go with the story, gave them "dog bone" cookies and tucked them in. Too fun. One of their little friends came over, too...



Next up, a REAL vacation for the 4th of July holiday - NOW it's officially summer "break"!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

We love Fancy Nancy! Car regularly uses the word plume now.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home