Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Boys

Being surrounded by females all day is something that my husband has become accustomed to. In a house with a wife, two daughters and a female cat, my husband's only male-counterpart is our dog - and he's starting to get senile. (The dog, not the human.) My husband jokes often about when the girls are scary teenagers, that he's going to buy the house next door and live there. Not an absent father or husband... just OUT of the house. He never had a brother, and has two sisters himself, so I suppose he's used to the estrogen.

Fortunately, we have LOTS of nephews. In fact, on my side of the family, that's all we have. It's my girls, then my brother and sister each have two boys. For Christmas, my husband gave Seattle Mariners tickets to three of them (the other is too young) and last week they ventured up to the Emerald City to watch a game - with my brother and father in tow.

So, here are my boys - absent my husband, who was taking the picture. My dad, my brother and three of my nephews. As the oldest one said later, "It was one of the best days of my life." For my husband, it was, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home