Thursday, January 25, 2007

I love you, too

I spent Tuesday night digging through my dance bag. As many of you know, I'm not just a mom and scrapbooker, I'm a ballet instructor, too. The bag that I drag back and forth to dance class collects many things, including: sweatshirts, CDs, snacks, water bottles, class notes and hair ties. (It's a big bag...)

I also throw in little notes that I get from my students. Anyone who is a teacher, especially for little kids, knows about the love notes you get. Sometimes I'll get a picture that tells a whole story, sometimes a picture that I must interpret. They're all precious because I know that they gave them to me because they love ballet and that makes them think of me.

A couple months ago, I got one from a little girl who is in my 4-year old class. I have taught her two older sisters throughout the years and they are all sweet girls. This one just loved dancing and I enjoy seeing her every week, the kind-of girl with the round face and the constant smile. Her mom purposefully told me a couple months ago that she didn't like dance last year, but likes it this year because I'm her teacher. Ahhhh, melts your heart.

Then Tuesday I found out about this and realized how quickly your life can change. She has, thank God, been upgraded from critical to serious and we're all hoping she can come home next week.

I also found what I was looking for in my dance bag, the love note from Chanelle. It hangs on my refrigerator now as a constant reminder to pray for this little girl... and to hug my own kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home