Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Picture of the Week

I have decided to do a regular feature every week in my blog. I'm hoping it will give you something to look forward to and it will give me a focus every week... (Imagine that, sometimes it's actually hard to come up with scrapbooking topics!) I'll still sporadically write on topics as they come up - so hopefully that means I'll be writing more than once a week!

The first idea I have for a regular feature is a Picture of the Week. This could just be an interesting or funny picture that I took, or it could be a point I'm trying to make about the things that can be included in scrapbooks or the importance of journaling and writing a story.

The other feature I'm thinking of is scrapbooking themes. Many of you have the obligatory baby album, family album, Christmas album, vacation album, etc... but there are so many other ideas that I'd love to give you, I'll occasionally talk about them in this space, too.

So here's my first ever Picture of the Week:

A couple weeks ago my husband went down to San Diego to watch my nephew graduate from Marine Corps basic training. This is a picture of my sister-in-law (my husband's sister) seeing her son for the first time since he left for basic training. I love this picture. You can see how happy they are to see eachother and you can tell she's just drinking in every ounce of him, as any mother would... making sure he's okay, yet extremely proud at the same time.

Even though you can see the love between mother and son in this picture, that's all it is... a good picture that shows love. Without me telling you who these people are, where they are and what they are doing, it's not very personal. It becomes MY picture in MY album when I personalize it. Then, of course, MY pride is shown as well. Semper Fi!

1 Comments:

Blogger LiteraryGirl said...

Love the pic!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home